I've been a pop culture junkie since forever. I play trivia and kick myself (not literally. ha.) when I miss an answer or two- especially if it is about music, movies, TV) I used to try and remember all of the stuff I wanted to watch, read or listen to...or what I like (or what had been recommended to me by friends and family). I found it impossible to keep track and so I'd jot down a note-- and then I found these lists.
These lists are organized and divide everything up into catergories, movies/TV, books, music, web sites, etc.
Here's a handful of things I've got on the list to see, read, listen to...etc. and what I've enjoyed lately. For you pop culture junkies out there- leave me a note in the comments of what you're digging lately... p.s.- I'm a Fresh Air fan-- as you can tell by the 3 or 4 mentions:) -A.
On the list to see, read, listen to:
1. Before Midnight - The first is tops with me- but I can't wait to see the third installment. Here's a link to the Fresh Air interview with Ethan Hawke, Julie Delphy and Richard Linklater.
2. Frances Ha - I've read so many good things about this and listened to the Fresh Air interview with Noah Baumbach and Greta Gerwig.
3. Side Effects - I missed this in the theater but heard it's a must see. I'm all about a thriller (unless it's totally gory).
5. Mel Brooks on Fresh Air - Mel Brooks is a comedy hero to me and some of my all-time favorite comedies are The Producers, Young Frankenstein, Blazing Saddles and High Anxiety. p.s. looking forward to watching Mel Brooks presented with the AFI Life Achievement Award (on TV later in June).
What I've enjoyed lately:
1. Annie Hall - I've seen it many times- but I never get tired of it. "Don't worry. We can walk to the curb from here."
2. Relish by Daphne Oz - All sorts of lifestyle tips and healthy-ish recipes.
4. Hungry Girl Por Vida - Cindy's photography (gorgeous) and cool recipes. I haven't made these melon pops, but they're on my list.
5. 101 Cookbooks - Steaming vegetables, can't wait to try out the bamboo steamer.
6. Kmart commercials - Big gas savings. These commercials are awesome.7. Flea Market Flip - It seems most of the time it's turning everything into a coffee table (!), but it's interesting to see what people want to buy.
8. Giada in Monte Carlo - This episode of Giada de Laurentiis in Monte Carlo (and France too) was gorgeous... over the top-- total luxury.
What about you? What's on your list?