Hey y'all. I'm not a fan of the colder temps, but my dog, Louis loves it. The colder weather gives me a reason to write down a few things I'm enjoying in movies, TV, music and the web. It's another Culture List. What about you? What's on your list right now? Drop me a line in the comments... -A.
p.s. Do you like The Blacklist on NBC? Yay/nay? I've seen a few episodes so far...thoughts?
1. Muscle Shoals Music documentaries rank high on my list- as far as documentaries go. This documentary is about Muscle Shoals, Alabama where some of the best artists (of all time) recorded at FAME Studios and Muscle Shoals Sound Studio. Some of the artists: Aretha Franklin, Otis Redding, The Rolling Stones, Wilson Pickett, Jimmy Cliff, Lynryrd Skynyrd, The Staple Singers and more. What was it about Muscle Shoals that created (& creates) awesome music? The talented producers and musicians? If you’re a music fan – you’ll enjoy this inside look. A very worthwhile documentary. And a reminder that I need to update my music collection.
2. The Getaway on the Esquire Channel, Wednesday nights. I’m a fan of this show by Anthony Bourdain (I believe he’s the creator and/or producer) where you follow along as a celebrity visits a city and takes you on an inside look at that city (whether it’s visiting off the beaten path restaurants or getting a suit made). So far I’ve watched Joel McHale in Belfast, Ireland and Aziz Ansari in Hong Kong. I’ve got a few more to watch. I’m into most any kind of travel show and when you pair it with some cool and well-traveled celebs… I’m in.
3. Hello Ross on E!, Friday nights. I think Ross Matthews is hysterical. He’s got the right combo of sweetness and a just a tad of sarcasm. I dig any kind of pop culture shows/podcasts and this one is entertaining. It's good, light-hearted fun.
6. 55 Things Only '90s Teenage Girls Understand I laughed a bunch reading this...
7. Milwaukee's a fun city and this article is giving me plenty of reasons to plan a trip soon.